If we want to guarantee the proper running of any organisation there must be a set of rules nobody is allowed to break. An organisational chart is an abstract structure that shows the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and levels. Each degree is used to indicate differences in authority and responsability on decision making. The system must then move towards efficiency and in order to get it workers’ teamwork skills, training, and engagement are essential. On the other hand, the system itself must watch over the psychical and physical well-being of all its members.
The responsable body ought to carry on thoroughful and deep research whenever a misdeed or bullying is detected, and it must as well bring a prosecution and provide compensations for the victimes. If the system fails on doing so, the culprit may keep on their misbehaviour up to the point of even causing irreparable damage on some of the staff and make the company shake. The real problem arises when those responseble for their fellow colleagues, due to either negligence, incompetence, obscure secrets not allowed to see the light, complicity with the agressor, or fear of people on the former’s side... turn their heads aside, hide evidence, play down the seriousness of the facts and, in brief, just let it be with no sanction whatsoever. A good friend of mine has sent me some words regarding this matter.
Nobody doubts that the problems within Molina’s City Council Sport Department came with her. After all this time, there have been many attenps to explain this troublesome situation; neither all the attemps have been well-meaning, nor well-grounded. The thing is that on these deeply distressing times a team of so-called experts make the most basic common sense fume. Their maxims are supposed to come out of irrefutable reasoning. But insted these are the anaemic offspring of ineptitude or even bad faith. Their conclusions seem to be rational, but they are indeed far from being so, turning into mere insults.
Let’s revise some of them:
1. “The whole thing isn’t but the actions of a ruthless and scheming manipulator”. This is the first rule of their mad logic. According to this nonsensical reasoning if A shouts, insults, slanders, harasses, intimidates and humilates B, it’s all C’s fault. ¡How right was the Spanish writer Unamuno when saying “there is no good fool”
2. “Just human behaviour”. If in estating that our brilliant social researchers want to mean that the facts are performed by human beings and not by gastropoda, we ought to agree with their idle discovery. However, if they are talking of harmless disagreements between pals, everyday quarrels on the neighbourhood street... they miss their point. Shounting, insulting, slander, harassment, intimidation, humilation, pester, discrimination... fall withing the rule of law and are not mere social rudeness.
3. "Boys will be boys". Two irremediable lame arguments support this candid opinion. The first reason is of cognitive nature: provided that only those who know how a unicorn looks like can recognise a unicorn; the same way, only those who know and have soaked themselves with the workers’ rights spirit can tell whether these rights are being violated. The second reason links with development and personal maturing: only children play war on war rubble. Only someone rather childish can make a fairytale out of a someone else’s precarious situation when his / her dignity is in risk.
4. "There is no problem". Unfortunately the stubborn facts aren’t easy to cast away by sociological conjuring tricks. This is why an insane stale under army-strick directions will never become a legally well-regulated workplace no matter how long the nefarious incantation "there is no problem" is repeated.
5. "They are all just a bunch of lazybones", "X is an excellent person". There will come the day when the gentlemen who speak tautologies and give judgement as Olympian gods without feeling the need of substantiating and justifying their allegations, will have to provide their estatements with incontrovertible facts. May then the so-assured and hieratic safety fade away.
6. "It’s envy what moves them." Surprising at is may seem, people unable to decipher the most obvious facts in front of their very eyes brag about their familiarity with the hidden and innermost depths of the human soul.
7. "It's an extremely complex matter". This is thought-provoking and awakes an enlightening a suspicion: I've seen people agil as wildcats, self-confidence and fanatical determination running throughout the so abstruse mazes of the macroeconomics, State organisation, international law, the structure of matter and even the origin of life, get paralysed and hesitate, as fulminated by that fateful look of the Gorgona, when dealing with the most down-to-earth and nearby affairs of their neighbours. They may need the revealing advent of the Luciferian slogan, they may not recognise the familiar face of their canonical enemy, or they may use their Platonic spirit only for the archeotypical golden hights of great morals. But let’s stop now arising retorical questions about these otherwise amply clear people.
Despite of such clever deception, the facts, the stubborn and forgotten facts, don’t stop their silent course, leaving their inevitable trail of pain, humiliation, hopelessness, anger and frustration.
Time will pass, new ideas will be added up to past follies, new studies and researches will corroborate what the first research already claimed, never-seen-before pseudo-solutions will be ofered, more innocent people will be taken to court, ardent panegyrics will be delivered on the culprits, and day after day the already weak hope of beholding any good change in this labour scene towards what it should really be: a space of equality, justice and freedom dyes a bit.